[kdenlive] What does "save clip" exactly do?

Harald Albrecht harald.albrecht at gmx.net
Mon Mar 14 13:43:50 UTC 2016

Jean-Baptiste,

thank you very much for explaining it to me!

As you wrote that "save clip" is actually a limited duplicate of "save
selection" I would like to opt for removing it. Personally, I find two
very similar options to be confusing, especially when one has
limitations (only single clip, no more complex selections) the other
doesn't have.

This now brings me to a new question: are "save selection" and additing
the selection to the library basically doing the same? Is the former
saving to an explicit MLT playlist file while the latter is implicitly
saving to an MLT playlist file inside the library folder?

Best regards,
Harald