[kdenlive] What does "save clip" exactly do?

Jean-Baptiste Mardelle jb at kdenlive.org
Sun Mar 13 23:36:40 UTC 2016

On Saturday, March 12, 2016 5:00:04 PM CET, Harald Albrecht wrote:
> after scratching my head all the time maybe someone on this
> list may chime in and hit me with a clue stick: what use case is
> Timeline>Current Clip>Save Clip intended for?

> Is "save clip" a means to save just a region of a clip, yet
> complete with all effects applied to it? Saving it as an MLT
> playlist?

Hi,

The "Save Clip" feature allows to save a timeline clip with its effects as
an MLT playlist. There was a bug that I just fixed that prevented it from
working, should be ok now.

> What would be the benefit of "save clip" compared to the
> library bin and its (more versatile) MLT playlists?

Well there is no real benefit, it is an older feature and in fact, it
duplicates the "Timeline > Save Selection" feature, so I guess I should
simply remove it...

Regards
jb