[kdenlive] What does "save clip" exactly do?

Harald Albrecht harald.albrecht at gmx.net
Sat Mar 12 16:00:04 UTC 2016

Hi,

after scratching my head all the time maybe someone on this list may
chime in and hit me with a clue stick: what use case is Timeline>Current
Clip>Save Clip intended for?

Is "save clip" a means to save just a region of a clip, yet complete
with all effects applied to it? Saving it as an MLT playlist?

I tried to expand the resulting MLT playlist after dragging it into a
fresh Kdenlive project. However, this doesn't work.

What would be the benefit of "save clip" compared to the library bin and
its (more versatile) MLT playlists?

Best regards,
Harald