[kdenlive] Kdenlive website and brand logo?

Harald Albrecht harald.albrecht at gmx.net
Sat Mar 5 18:10:37 UTC 2016

Hi Sam,

(sorry for the delay, this got into the wrong mail folder)

your explanations are clear and I understand them. You stance isd
basically is similar in some way to how I see it, albeit my stance on
the film metaphor is less strict.

My impression is that the professional NLVE makers went for the more
abstract designs because you can't get a trademark on a graphical icon
if it is too generic with respect to the film strip. The more abstract,
the more colors, then you stand out -- on the price of not conveying an
NLVE's purpose anymore.

While it is nice to deploy subtle graphics, I don't see how this can
work in the restricted space of an application icon. Maybe that's also
the reason for me not being exactly thrilled with a logo design that is
already too-detailed. In fact, I actually like the rather flat
appearance of the Breeze and Microsoft new icon sets. Seems I'm getting
into that age where you tone-down colors and rather focus on shape. ;)

Unfortunately, the simple play icon nowadays used for video also stands
for ... well, play. But not create. How could we signal that this is
about "creating video" in the sense of creating the final rendered
video, and not simply consuming video?

With best regards,
Harald