[kdenlive] Problem with new keyframe import

Jean-Baptiste Mardelle jb at kdenlive.org
Fri Mar 4 16:13:20 UTC 2016

On Friday, March 4, 2016 5:05:19 PM CET, Harald Albrecht wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running into two problems with the new keyframe import
> system. Drag and drop with the new graphical display is great!
> Much more intuitive than the old Ctrl+Click method. This surely
> is another big improvement to Kdenlive usability.
>
> In a test project I have a clip in my project bin. I then add
> an auto mask effect to the clip in the bin. Next, I run analyze
> so I get the movement data for keyframes. Then I drag and drop
> the analysis data from the properties of the bin clip onto an
> affine transition. The new import dialog shows up and I press
> okay.
>
> Unfortunately, the imported keyframes of the affine transition
> are completely incorrect. Both a) temporal as well as b) in
> space (X, Y).

Hi,

I am currently working on a full rewrite of this import mechanism to make
it much more powerful. I hope to finish & commit it tonight, it should fix
the problems you describe.

The changes include:

* Ability to import keyframes to some other effects like volume,
brightness, gamma as a first step
* Ability to import only a zone of the keyframes, and add an offset so that
keyframes start where you want in the dropped transition/effect

Regards
jb