[kdenlive] Problem with new keyframe import

Harald Albrecht harald.albrecht at gmx.net
Fri Mar 4 16:05:19 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm running into two problems with the new keyframe import system. Drag
and drop with the new graphical display is great! Much more intuitive
than the old Ctrl+Click method. This surely is another big improvement
to Kdenlive usability.

In a test project I have a clip in my project bin. I then add an auto
mask effect to the clip in the bin. Next, I run analyze so I get the
movement data for keyframes. Then I drag and drop the analysis data from
the properties of the bin clip onto an affine transition. The new import
dialog shows up and I press okay.

Unfortunately, the imported keyframes of the affine transition are
completely incorrect. Both a) temporal as well as b) in space (X, Y).

a) It seems that the temporal position of keyframes dropped on an affine
transition is always relative to 00:00:00.0 of the source clip, but not
relative to the beginning of the transition. For this to work, the
import would need to know where to start from: either I'm missing here
something important or there's a general bug in here. When I instead run
an auto mask analyze on the clip region from the timeline, there are
fewer keyframes, yet still incorrect in their temporal position.

b) while the import dialog correctly shows the X, Y movement data, all
final imported keyframes have X and Y set to 0. Locale bug? I don't
know, but these are integers, so there may be something else buggy here.

With best regards,
Harald