[kdenlive] Volunteering website help - if needed?

David david at kenpro.com.au
Tue Jan 26 04:55:25 UTC 2016

My $0.02 contribution to the discussion:

Which platform rather depends on intended use. If it's going to be an
active site with lots of different functions needing multiple permission
levels and a complex database, then probably better to use Drupal. If
it's fairly simple with a bunch of documents, then anything will do :)

On 26/01/16 09:36, Jos Poortvliet wrote:

> If you decide to move to WordPress I can help out a bit too, I have
> plenty experience maintaining ownCloud.org :-)
>
> replying on phone. blame faulty text completion/correction for any
> rudeness!
>
> On Jan 25, 2016 11:02 PM, "farid abdelnour" <snd.noise at gmail.com
> <mailto:snd.noise at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     hi guys,
>
>     i am one of the people interested in helping out with the website.
>     i guess the first step would be to choose if we are gonna stick to
>     the current platform (drupal) and update it since there might be
>     some security flaws or switch to a different one (wordpress?). our
>     lead designer here at the studio can take care of all the design
>     of the website and if we choose wordpress i can apply it (i am not
>     familiar with drupal). eventually we will do a research and
>     develop a design best suited for everyone's demands and needs. i
>     did a quick look around at other video, audio and graphics
>     programs to start getting an idea about what is out there:
>
>     proprietary:
>     http://www.lwks.com/
>     http://www.avid.com/US/products/Media-Composer
>     http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegaspro
>     https://www.apple.com/final-cut-pro/
>     https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere.html
>
>     free:
>     http://natron.fr/
>     http://ardour.org/
>     https://www.blender.org/
>     https://inkscape.org/en/
>     http://www.gimp.org/
>
>     parallel to this we can start thinking about writing/organizing
>     the content and structure. (which is the most important thing.)
>     like ttguy said, i agree that content is the most important but it
>     should be well presented to the visitors. we can point to the
>     forum, wiki and bug tracker from the website and users eventually
>     will use the other services if necessary.
>
>     if you'd like to continue this conversation here it is fine by me,
>     otherwise we can switch to the forum.
>
>     cheers

>     <mailto:ttguy1 at gmail.com>>:
>
>         I have been involved in doing some maintenance of the content
>         on both
>         the kdenlive.org <http://kdenlive.org> web site and on the
>         userbase.kde wiki.
>         Historically the kdenlive.org <http://kdenlive.org> site was
>         where everything happened. It
>         was the manual, the forum, the place to make anouncements and to
>         advertise how to get Kdenlive.
>
>         Then for various reasons - as have already been mentioned - we
>         moved a
>         lot of this functionality to kde infra structure and closed the
>         kdenlive.org <http://kdenlive.org> web site to new user
>         registration. Now if we are thinking
>         of putting more content back on the kdenlive.org
>         <http://kdenlive.org> website we need to
>         consider the future maintenance burden.
>
>         The way to limit  maintenance burden is to have a large number of
>         contributors to the  maintenance task. We can get this on the
> [...]

David McQuire
0418 310312