[kdenlive] recent git master with new timeline code safe to use in projects?

Jean-Baptiste Mardelle jb at kdenlive.org
Fri Feb 5 15:50:57 UTC 2016

On Friday, February 5, 2016 4:20:55 PM CEST, Harald Albrecht wrote:

> Is it safe to use the git master to edit existing projects and
> to start new projects without running into some sort of
> unexpected compatibility problem?

Hi,

Good question, I was thinking about posting infos about that on the list.
We made many changes to the keyframes handling, and some of my recent
commits
break a few things in current keyframes. So current git is not recommended
to start working on an important ptoject. However, I think the worst
scenario
is that keyframes in your effects get messed up. We are doing our best to
finalize the code so it is safe again.

> Also I didn't spot how to use and thus test the new keyframes
> stuff: is it already exposed in the UI? Or is this a necessary
> refactoring solely under the hood?

There is a new UI, but currently not exposed. I hope to be able to activate
it
by the end of the week-end, a blog entry will be published tonight or
tomorrow
giving some details.

Regards,

jb