[kdenlive] recent git master with new timeline code safe to use in projects?

Harald Albrecht harald.albrecht at gmx.net
Fri Feb 5 15:20:55 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've noted this passage in Vincent's recent email on their spring weekend:

>The code is available in git, but we didn't update yet the effects descriptions
>(not thought how to keep our backwards compatibilty)
>so you can't test for the moment  :-(

Is it safe to use the git master to edit existing projects and to start
new projects without running into some sort of unexpected compatibility
problem?

Also I didn't spot how to use and thus test the new keyframes stuff: is
it already exposed in the UI? Or is this a necessary refactoring solely
under the hood?

Best regards,
Harald