Windows port progress, etc

Jean-Baptiste Mardelle jb at kdenlive.org
Tue Dec 27 22:44:57 UTC 2016

Hi all,

First, thanks to Farid and Massimo for their kind words, I hope we can
continue working and create a even greater community around Kdenlive in
2017.

The timeline refactoring will be a lot of work and I am going to start
planning it soon and call a developper meeting to discuss about it.

In the last days, I had a look at Vincent's lastest progress on the Windows
port, and I am glad to announce that with a few tweaks, I am now able to
create a basically working Kdenlive version on Windows. There are probably
many bugs but you can already put a clip in the Project Bin, add it to
timeline with effets, play it, save the project and render!

So a huge thanks to Vincent and Josh who spent many hours working on this.

For those who would love to test this alpha version, you can download it
from here (for 7 days):

https://we.tl/C66tYLhp7D
SHA256: 8725cdde9bf4075b2a19dc95c0be9d602019c6f801d0e08a543ff20318765d58

This is a zip file, unzip it somewhere, it will create a kdenlive-windows
folder which contains the kdenlive.exe, just double click to run. The first
time, you need to open, close and re-open kdenlive to make video clips
work.

Best regards

Jean-Baptiste Mardelle