[kdenlive] class documentation

Steve Guilford s.guilford at asterionmultimedia.com
Tue Jan 13 20:29:08 UTC 2015

Use an IDE like KDevelop or Eclipse to step through the program. Using
GDB by itself is painful.

There is little in the way of developer docs for Kdenlive.

One trick is knowing how the Slots and Signals work in QT which then
allows you to intercept keystrokes and thus delve into how specific
functions are implemented.

On 01/12/2015 07:18 PM, Karl-Philipp Richter wrote:
> Hi,
> I just got started with the kdenlive code from
> git://anongit.kde.org/kdenlive and realized that some classes don't have
> documentation at all, e.g. `MeltJob::MeltJob`, `projectlist.cpp` hardly
> contains comments in a relation to code of 1 to 100 - some have comments
> in functions, but none have class or function comments. Do I have to do
> something to generate the documentation in the source code?
>
> Background: I want to evaluate the necessary work to extract the clip
> splitting functions in a reusable library - because it is just excellent
> in kdenlive - and I don't seem to get started at all. I tried to
> understand the code following its flow in `gdb`, but it's just too hard.
>
> Any help and pointers are appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
> Kalle Richter

Steve Guilford