[kdenlive] class documentation

Vincent Pinon vpinon at april.org
Tue Jan 13 22:01:52 UTC 2015

> On 01/12/2015 07:18 PM, Karl-Philipp Richter wrote:
> > git://anongit.kde.org/kdenlive and realized that some classes don't have
> > documentation at all, e.g. `MeltJob::MeltJob`, `projectlist.cpp` hardly
> > contains comments in a relation to code of 1 to 100 - some have comments
> > in functions, but none have class or function comments. Do I have to do
> > something to generate the documentation in the source code?
> >
> > Background: I want to evaluate the necessary work to extract the clip
> > splitting functions in a reusable library - because it is just excellent
> > in kdenlive - and I don't seem to get started at all. I tried to
> > understand the code following its flow in `gdb`, but it's just too hard.
> >
> > Any help and pointers are appreciated.

$ git grep -i "Automatic scene split"
=> in mainwindow.cpp intializes a motion_est action
$ git grep motion_est
=> in projectlist.cpp you get a section in startClipFilterJob where you can
pick the melt parameters

I also had difficulties to enter into the code.
In the refactoring process we are trying to split the big classes (doing too
many things) into small units, sorted in an hopefully clear directory
hierarchy... And Granjow drew a very useful graphic overview of the target
architecture, but we don't have it for the actual one :-\

BR,

Vincent