[kdenlive] kdenlive.org, security and drupalgeddon

Vincent Pinon vpinon at april.org
Sun Jan 4 21:01:48 UTC 2015

Hi list, happy new year to all of you !
(Just coming back online after 2 weeks ;-) )

Le samedi 27 décembre 2014, 09:30:55 Roger Morton a écrit :
> JBM - did you know about drupalgeddon and patch it in the 7hour limit?
> (what a ridiculous time frame !!)
>
> But this raises the question - does the camcorder database on kdnelive.org
> serve a useful purpose?
> Could it be moved to .kde infra structure too like the forums? Or do we
> need it at all?
kdenlive.org was moved as a whole to KDE infra around 24. October, on a shared
Drupal install if I understood well. Did KDE Sysadmins update the install in
time ? I hope so...
Regarding the camcorder database detail, I'm not convinced it is a very
relevant info nowadays, could be dropped.

> Do we want to move the jbm/till/granjow blogs off  kdnelive.org
> Or can the vulnerability be fixed?
> My vote would be to just get off kdnelive.org all together and use the
> kde.org infrastructure. Because - as JBM has found out - maintaining this
> sort of stuff in the big bad world of spammers is hard work. Time is better
> spent on kdenlive itself than on the drupal website.
Old blog entries contain very valuable content (video tutorials etc) that
should be kept online, and we need a place to feed some news... where else?