[kdenlive] building Kdenlive/KF5

Roger Morton ttguy1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 21:43:40 UTC 2015

In my further attempts to build the frameworks branch on ubuntu 14.04 I get
this error

LOG: About to run command: cmake -Wno-dev
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/god/my_local_build/kdenlive/20150103
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull
-DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/qmake
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:15 (find_package):
  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "ECM" (requested
  version 1.2.0) with any of the following names:

    ECMConfig.cmake
    ecm-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "ECM" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set "ECM_DIR"
  to a directory containing one of the above files.  If "ECM" provides a
  separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been installed.

Google suggests I need extra-cmake-modules. And further suggests this is
available in 14.10 of ubuntu.

I managed to get source for this from git://
anongit.kde.org/extra-cmake-modules

But I need advice on how to get my build script to find this code.