[kdenlive] building Kdenlive/KF5

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Sat Jan 3 13:21:49 UTC 2015

On Saturday 03 January 2015 08.43:40 Roger Morton wrote:
> In my further attempts to build the frameworks branch on ubuntu 14.04 I get
> this error
>
> LOG: About to run command: cmake -Wno-dev
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/god/my_local_build/kdenlive/20150103
> -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull
> -DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/qmake
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:15 (find_package):
>   Could not find a package configuration file provided by "ECM" (requested
>   version 1.2.0) with any of the following names:

Hello Roger,

To compile Kdenlive/frameworks branch, you need a working install of KDE's
latest release: KDE Frameworks 5 (KF5).

Installing this latest KDE release on 14.04 Ubuntu is probably not an easy
task. Making it work on Ubuntu 14.10 is also complicated because the KF5
packages are in external repositories and not really updated.

I am using a 15.04 beta version of Kubuntu that provides all the Qt/KDE
packages required to build Kdenlive, I think it is the easiest way to test
Kdenlive/frameworks branch. But that also means you cannot easily go back to
KDE4.

Maybe a virtual machine would be easier (installing Ubuntu 15.04 in a
virtualbox container) if you just want to test Kdenlive/KF5?

regards
jb