[kdenlive] Kdenlive - urgent: Account verification needed!

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Fri Jan 2 12:00:53 UTC 2015

Hi all,

> Your link to validate my register (
> https://kdenlive.org/user/1010208/verify/49c63202924cbdc2b5129f928cd36a51)
> is returning with error:
>
>  The requested page "/user/1010208/verify/49c63202924cbdc2b5129f928cd36a51"
> could not be found.

Unfortunately, I had to disable user accounts on the Kdenlive.org website. As
noted by Roger, we were overwhelmed by spam. We tried different spam
solutions, but we had hundreds of new accounts attempts each day. Most of  the
spam accounts were blocked but also legitimate accounts.

We currently don't have the energy to do a manual sorting - and even with
energy it is not easy tell if an account is a spam attempt or not.

So for now, I decided to stop user account creation since we don't have much
dynamic content anyways. I am focusing on the Kdenlive code, if someone else
is interested in getting involved in Kdenlive, and wants to write for the
website, the mailing list can be used to request an account.

Best regards
jb