[kdenlive] GSoC Project

Steve Guilford s.guilford at asterionmultimedia.com
Mon Feb 16 18:14:55 UTC 2015

You've got a slight issue at the moment given that a KF5 version of
Kdenlive is forthcoming in the near term future.

Ideally, you'd make your modifications against that branch.  But, there
are stability issues presently that make 'modifications' problematic
given the thrust and intent of ongoing work.

Therefore, if you're itching to get started right away, I'd use Ubu
14.04 and Kdevelop4, making modifications against the current 0.9.10
release.  Bear in mind, however, that you may have to take on the task
of applying the modifications against the KF5 release once it is ready.

If you can wait a few months for the KF5 release to come up to the
surface that may make integration and acceptance of your proposed mods
more streamlined.

--
Steve Guilford
Founder/CTO