[Kdenlive-devel] Rendering interlaced video to HuffYUV

Steven Boswell II ulatekh at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 21:28:22 UTC 2013

I have awesome news...I was able to build a version of latest-git ffmpeg that co-exists with the yum-repos ffmpeg installed on my machine (using the --build-suffix and --progs-suffix parameters to ffmpeg's configure script, plus some .spec file hacking), and I built latest-git mlt on top of it (using the --avformat-suffix parameter to mlt's configure script), and built latest-git kdenlive on top of that...and so far, it's all working properly!  No more problems with interlaced raw video!

The patch to fix interlaced raw video in ffmpeg has been sent to ffmpeg-devel, but hasn't been committed yet; see http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/158164 if you can't wait.  I submitted a patch to ffmpeg that improved the behavior of the --build-suffix parameter, but that was minutes ago; see http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/158184 if you can't wait.

I'll let you all know if anything else comes up.
Thank you so much for all your help!

Steven Boswell