[Kdenlive-devel] Rendering interlaced video to HuffYUV

Steven Boswell II ulatekh at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 16:25:37 UTC 2013

On Friday, January 25, 2013 9:29 PM, Dan Dennedy wrote:
>On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 7:45 PM, Steven Boswell II wrote:
>>I imported a clip (an AVI containing a HuffYUV video, the one made
>>from an interlaced stream that's mistakenly progressive now), selected
>>"Clip properties", changed to the "Advanced" tab, check "Force field
>>order", leave
>
>You also need to change Force Scanning.

I don't see a "Force Scanning" checkbox in the "Advanced" tab of the "Properties" window...?  I apologize if I'm doing something dumb.

>>I posted a bug report to ffmpeg's tracker regarding the
>>loss-of-interlacing bug -- it's at
>>https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2190 .  Hopefully something
>>happens.

They responded!  Their patch doesn't fix the problem yet, but at least it's being looked at!

My trouble with ffmpeg could be avoided if kdenlive would accept raw yuv files as imported clips.  Would that be hard to do?

Steven Boswell