[Kdenlive-devel] Rendering interlaced video to HuffYUV

Steven Boswell II ulatekh at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 02:20:47 UTC 2013

The bug fix to ffmpeg I mentioned earlier, the one that fixes packing raw video into a .mov container, has an implication which breaks the recent fix to raw video handling in mlt.  Enclosed is a patch that makes mlt work with both the original ffmpeg as well as the patched one.

I don't know why both methods of setting the video interlacing in a stream are necessary, but that's a question for dedicated ffmpeg hackers.

Given my research into what works and what doesn't, you may want to consider changing the container type on kdenlive's HuffYUV export from avi to mov, so that interlacing is preserved.

Steven Boswell