[Kdenlive-devel] "speed" plugin only renders last frame

Johannes Bauer dfnsonfsduifb at gmx.de
Sun Jan 13 10:45:41 UTC 2013

On 13.01.2013 05:19, Dan Dennedy wrote:

> I could not reproduce the problem using a build that was made
> yesterday using that build script. Are you launching kdenlive using
> the start-kdenlive script? If not, then you are not using the version
> of MLT that it includes and against which it was built.
> It could be that the speed effect is just not working good with that
> particular clip or format.

Yes, I'm using the start-kdenlive script.

But interesting, you're correct: I've tried with a webm source and the
speed plugin worked fine with that. The source I'm usually working with
is AVHCD that I've rewrapped into a Matroska container.

Input #0, matroska,webm, from '00062.mkv':
  Metadata:
    ENCODER         : Lavf54.59.107
  Duration: 00:00:15.00, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 15859 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (High), yuv420p, 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR
16:9], 25 fps, 50 tbr, 1k tbn, 50 tbc (default)
    Stream #0:1: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 256 kb/s (default)

Also, I need to correct my error description: It doesn't actually always
render the last frame of the sequence, but the first frame of the
*whole* clip. Let me explain by explicitly showing frame numbers:

Source clip   : 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Selection     : 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Speedup Expect: 4 6 8 10 12
Speedup Bug   : 0 0 0 0 0

I've uploaded a sample with with witch it can be reproduced:

http://spornkuller.de/00062.mkv

Best regards and thanks for looking into this,
Johannes