[Kdenlive-devel] "speed" plugin only renders last frame

Johannes Bauer dfnsonfsduifb at gmx.de
Sun Jan 13 14:45:55 UTC 2013

Hi agavin,

okay, I have an update on this issue: I don't think it's a bug in the
current git version, actually I think it does the correct thing.

I tried around a lot and noticed that with some videos, it was behaving
correctly. So I investigated what the difference was. Apparently when I
used an old version of ffmpeg to do the AVHCD -> MKV wrapping, it
attached to the video the metainformation that it was encoded with 1000
fps when in reality it were merely 25 fps.

I've checked and all videos that I rewrapped in the past have the 1k fps
setting. The old kdenlive version however ignored that nonsensical fps
setting.

The new kdenlive/melt version pays attention to it (at least when
"speed" is active) and this seems to create the undesired sideeffect
that I described. What I did was rewrap the MKVs again and specified the
"-r 25" setting, copying video and audio data to fix the framerate.
After this change, it all worked perfectly.

Sorry for the fuzz but maybe it's good for reference in case anyone else
runs into that same issue.

Best regards,
Johannes