[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive Funding structure - paying developers feature by feature

Martin Sandsmark martin.sandsmark at kde.org
Fri Dec 20 13:58:29 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 01:44:50PM +0000, Anna Morris wrote:
> I am not making specific suggestions - as I am not a developer and don't
> know exactly what kdenlive needs. I would assume, however, that kde as a
> community would want to know that there have been some problems for
> kdenlive and would wish to offer whatever support is needed if they can.

kdenlive is not the only project lacking developers, believe it or not. :-)

Sure, someone could send a mail to kde-devel at kde.org or post on PlanetKDE
asking for help. But I think that if people were interested in working on
video-editing they would already be doing so.

> How many roles could be filled by people not yet intimate with kdenlive
> code? Mentors for example, or strategists :S

The point of having mentors is (AFAIK) two-fold; for the students to have
someone to turn to when they get stuck with something they don't understand,
and to make sure students are progressing, evaluating how they're doing. I
don't see how someone not familiar with kdenlive could do this. The other
issue is that those that can mentor would rather mentor for projects they are
already involved with.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean with "strategists" in this context.

--
Martin Sandsmark