[Kdenlive-devel] Addressing professionals?

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Tue Dec 3 18:16:47 UTC 2013

On 11/27/2013 09:22 AM, Till Theato wrote:

> Regarding a fundraiser campaign: We still have a nice amount of money
> left from the super successful last campaign. But I am - at the moment
> at least - not available for full time work on Kdenlive.

Maybe another funding opportunity might be to address the professional
video archiving "community"?
I'm not referring to e.g. broadcasting video cutters, since I assume
that they (a) want "ShinyStuff(tm)" and (b) they might often not even be
free to decide which tool they are allowed to use...

I'm working at the national A/V archive in Austria.
We've been using kdenlive for compositing scanned old films. Kdenlive
enabled us to work with our lossless encoded material directly, which
none of well-known proprietary video editing offer.

Unfortunately, we couldn't continue to use kdenlive, due to certain
instability issues as well as some required missing features necessary
for best-possible accuracy/quality. I've contacted j-b-m about a paid
development offer for this. He denied, also due to the fact of
kdenlive's major rewrite (which I am impatiently looking forward to :))

There were only a few things to be adapted in the previous stable
release of kdenlive.
I'd be happy to contribute testing/knowhow skills to help kdenlive
establish itself as a tool for professionals.

btw: kdenlive us awesome! Lots of thanks and kudos to the developers.

Regards,
Peter B.