[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive Funding structure - paying developers feature by feature

Anna Morris gingerling at inventati.org
Tue Dec 3 13:44:46 UTC 2013

Hi,

Firstly, I am a big Kdenlive fan. I co-authored a manual
http://www.flossmanuals.net/how-to-use-video-editing-software/ on the
subject last year and use kdenlive for my many video projects (so I am
not spam, lol)

I am working with Open Funding http://funding.openinitiative.com/ to
assist developers to get crowd funding for Free Software. Open Funding
works on a feature by feature basis. For example the core-team at gimp
are funding a symmetry painting feature at the moment
http://funding.openinitiative.com/funding/1578/

I am not sure how or if Kdenlive is funded at the moment, but I would
very much like to assist any developer(s) who has an idea for a new
feature to earn a little money to build it. Also, if you don't need/want
to earn money for your work, you could always donate the funds to the
project in general.

This small scale funding is a great way for users (like myself) to give
back, which they are often eager to do, but in a way which is very
concrete, forward thinking and achievable. Its much simpler to set up
than a large kickstarter campaign and is more deeply routed in the
function of the software.

Please let me know what you think and if you are interested in getting
funding this way, either as a group of core-developers or, if not, as an
individual developer.

Thanks

Anna Morris