[Kdenlive-devel] Dissolve not dissolving like it should in 0.9

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Sun May 27 09:18:32 UTC 2012

> > > the timeline and transition settings for this rendered part, since it's
> > > impossible to know if there is a bug from the rendered clip only..
> >
> > Certainly!
>
> I just realized the .kdenlive file and the screenshot depict the project
> with a fade-to-black effect on the first title. That's what I've had to do
> in order to accomplish the correct visual effect. The rendered file did not
> have this fade- to-black effect on the first title. Attached to this
> message is a .kdenlive file which is more like the project which rendered
> the output file.

Having looked at your project file, the rendered file seems correct to me. The
dissolve transition does progressively increase opacity of the upper layer
until 100%.

In your case, the upper layer is transparent with just a text in it. So it is
normal that the text on the lower layer stays visible. I don't think it was
ever different in Kdenlive.

To achieve what you want, you should change your title clips so that they have
a black background instead of a transparent one.

regards
jb