[Kdenlive-devel] Dissolve not dissolving like it should in 0.9

Doran L. Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Sun May 27 21:06:20 UTC 2012

On Sunday, May 27, 2012 11:18:32 AM jb wrote:
> Having looked at your project file, the rendered file seems correct to me.
The
> dissolve transition does progressively increase opacity of the upper layer
> until 100%.
>
> In your case, the upper layer is transparent with just a text in it. So it
is
> normal that the text on the lower layer stays visible. I don't think it was
> ever different in Kdenlive.
>
> To achieve what you want, you should change your title clips so that they
have
> a black background instead of a transparent one.

I did create titles with the default transparent background in the original
project, as you said.

So, I implemented your recommendation and created a project with two titles,
both with black backgrounds. In the track editor, I put one overlapping the
other Video2 to Video3 and added a Dissolve transition.

When I preview the rendered result in the Project Monitor, the second title
increases opacity as but the first title's opacity does not change. It simply
goes away at the end of the title clip.

That's not what was happening before 0.9. If I did this before, the first title
would lose opacity and the second title woudl gain opacity, simultaneously.
Like a crossfade. Should be simple to understand, but that's not what I'm
seeing.

If I dissolve between two video clips, the result is a mutual crossfade you'd
expect.

If I dissolve between a video and a title, the result is inconsistent. It
seems to matter whether the title is in a track above or below the video.
Sometimes there is a crossfade between the clips. Sometimes the video clip
instantly has 100% opacity while the title clip's opacity gradually fades to
0%. Sometimes the video clip fades in while the title clip remains at 100%
until it cuts out.

--
fozz at iodynamics.com is Doran L. "Fozz" Barton
 "Product will be hot after heating."