[Kdenlive-devel] PATCH: Support for Dynamic Text Filter in Effect Stack

Brian Matherly pez4brian at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 02:51:39 UTC 2011

>>  thanks for the patch and the filter! That's exactly what a number of
>>  people have requested.
>>  We are currently in string and feature freeze for the 0.8.2 release.
>>  I will review and commit your patch after the release.
>>  Looking at the screenshots: Maybe there could be presets for the text?
>>  Like an editable drop down (including '#filedate#',
>
> I initially thought the same thing. However, it also supports keywords
> embedded in static text, and you can specify any frame property
> (including producer meta attributes). I think the extended help should
> contain a list of special keywords like filedate, etc., in addition to
> some other popular choices.

Maybe there could be a dropdown box next to the text box with common keywords. When the user selects a keyword from the drop-down, the keyword is added to the textbox at the cursor position (rather than replacing the entire contents of the box). The user would receive immediate feedback on the preview screen of how the keyword will be replaced. If they choose keywords that don't apply (like filedate on a color clip or a producer property that doesn't exist) then they will see that the text doesn't produce useful results.

I'll see what I can come up with.

~BM