[Kdenlive-devel] PATCH: Support for Dynamic Text Filter in Effect Stack

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Thu Sep 22 15:50:48 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 4:10 AM, Till Theato <root at ttill.de> wrote:

> On 09/22/2011 05:15 AM, Brian Matherly wrote:
>> Developers,
>>
>> I have created a patch for Kdenlive that adds support for the new
>> MLT Dynamic Text Filter to the effect stack.
>>
>> The patch and a screenshot are here:
>>
>> http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2324
>>
>> I hope you will consider it for inclusion in Kdenlive.
>
> Hi,
>
> thanks for the patch and the filter! That's exactly what a number of
> people have requested.
> We are currently in string and feature freeze for the 0.8.2 release.
> I will review and commit your patch after the release.
> Looking at the screenshots: Maybe there could be presets for the text?
> Like an editable drop down (including '#filedate#', '#frame#', ...)?

I initially thought the same thing. However, it also supports keywords
embedded in static text, and you can specify any frame property
(including producer meta attributes). I think the extended help should
contain a list of special keywords like filedate, etc., in addition to
some other popular choices.

--
+-DRD-+