[Kdenlive-devel] Release and future...

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Wed Sep 7 08:51:10 UTC 2011

On 09/06/2011 11:21 PM, Till Theato wrote:
>> So after a good coffee, here is my proposal:
>>
>> 1 - Move the upgrade code from trackview to documentvalidator
>> (which is a more logical place for updates to the document)
>>
>> 2 - Put the upgrade code in a different xml file, called like the
>> kdenlive_id of the effect, for example frei0r.balanc0r upgrade code
>>   could be in a file called frei0rbalanc0r.upgrade
>>
>> 3 - In documentvalidator, we load all upgrade xml in a QMap
>> <QString, QDomElement>  using the file name as key.
>>
>> 4 - In documentvalidator, we parse all effects and if we have a
>> version under the current one and the effect has an entry in the
>> previously created list, we trigger the update.
>>
>> What do you think about that?
> Very good idea! Thanks a lot.
> I did an implementation similar to your proposal in r5858.
> Still have to test, document, update the frei0r filters, their xml
> files and write update rules. I will try to do it asap.
Great. One thing I would change is that you replace '.' with '_' in the
file name for the update scripts, but then if an effect has an '_' in
its name, that will break the logic and the update script will not be
found. So I think it's better to keep the real kdenlive id name, like:

frei0r.levels.js

regards
jb