[Kdenlive-devel] Release and future...

Till Theato root at ttill.de
Tue Sep 6 21:21:01 UTC 2011

On 09/06/2011 12:49 PM, jb wrote:
>> (...) I have to think more about this effect upgrade stuff.
>> Should we support only upgrading or also downgrading? Things
>> might become complicated if an effect has 4 different versions
>> and we want to allow every possible change (12 possibilites if I
>> count correctly...)

That is up to the individual filter. frei0r_levels.js can do both way
because it's very easy.
After the release we should add an proper message in case updating
didn't work.

> So after a good coffee, here is my proposal:
>
> 1 - Move the upgrade code from trackview to documentvalidator
> (which is a more logical place for updates to the document)
>
> 2 - Put the upgrade code in a different xml file, called like the
> kdenlive_id of the effect, for example frei0r.balanc0r upgrade code
>  could be in a file called frei0rbalanc0r.upgrade
>
> 3 - In documentvalidator, we load all upgrade xml in a QMap
> <QString, QDomElement> using the file name as key.
>
> 4 - In documentvalidator, we parse all effects and if we have a
> version under the current one and the effect has an entry in the
> previously created list, we trigger the update.
>
> What do you think about that?

Very good idea! Thanks a lot.
I did an implementation similar to your proposal in r5858.
Still have to test, document, update the frei0r filters, their xml
files and write update rules. I will try to do it asap.

regards
Till