[Kdenlive-devel] Release and future...

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Tue Sep 6 10:49:08 UTC 2011

On 09/06/2011 09:53 AM, jb wrote:
>>> The attached patch is what i came up with. As I already said I
>>> will drop the adopt function (and therefore the changes in
>>> initeffects.cpp) again. With your system where should the routines
>>> part be placed?
> (...)
> I have to think more about this effect upgrade stuff. Should we support
> only upgrading or also downgrading? Things might become complicated if
> an effect has 4 different versions and we want to allow every possible
> change (12 possibilites if I count correctly...)

So after a good coffee, here is my proposal:

  1 - Move the upgrade code from trackview to documentvalidator (which
is a more logical place for updates to the document)

2 - Put the upgrade code in a different xml file, called like the
kdenlive_id of the effect, for example frei0r.balanc0r upgrade code
could be in a file called frei0rbalanc0r.upgrade

3 - In documentvalidator, we load all upgrade xml in a QMap <QString,
QDomElement> using the file name as key.

4 - In documentvalidator, we parse all effects and if we have a version
under the current one and the effect has an entry in the previously
created list, we trigger the update.

What do you think about that?

regards
jb