[Kdenlive-devel] Release and future...

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Tue Sep 6 07:53:37 UTC 2011

On 09/05/2011 04:48 PM, Till Theato wrote:
>>> In my version, we simple put one xml copy for each version of
>>> the filter, and Kdenlive will only load the correct version.
>> The attached patch is what i came up with. As I already said I
>> will drop the adopt function (and therefore the changes in
>> initeffects.cpp) again. With your system where should the routines
>> part be placed?

Takes me some time because I just discovered yet another locale related
bug that I am trying to fix... ( QLocale is inserting the thousands
separator for numbers > 1000 when doing toString conversions, which
results in 10000 becoming "10,000" which of course breaks everything...)

I have to think more about this effect upgrade stuff. Should we support
only upgrading or also downgrading? Things might become complicated if
an effect has 4 different versions and we want to allow every possible
change (12 possibilites if I count correctly...)

Also, I like the idea of having the upgrade function in the effects xml,
so it's not hardcoded into Kdenlive. However what bothers me is that
with what you wrote, all the upgrade "routines" xml will stay forever in
memory (in the effects list). I would have preferred to only load them
on demand when doing a conversion.

Anyways, I am still working on that locale issue and will come back to
you later...

regards
jb