[Kdenlive-devel] Release and future...

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Fri Sep 2 22:05:23 UTC 2011

Hi all.

We are already very late for the 0.8.2 Kdenlive release, so I would like to
prepare it in the beginning of next week.

Most remaining issues have been fixed if I am right, we only need the upgrade
mechanism for the frei0r plugins that did not follow the specs (0 - 1 range
for double params).

There are 2 things to solve here:

1) Change the effect XML depending on the filter version

I did some test and managed to have a working implementation that will bring
different parameters depending on the filter version, see my last commit:
http://kdenlive.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/kdenlive?view=revision&revision=5855

2) upgrade project files using older version of the filter

Since MLT now stores the frei0r filter version in the xml data, it should be
pretty straightforward. Till, are you taking care of it? I will have some time
between the 5th an the 7th of September in case some work is required on that
side.

Once both steps have been taken for the filters that will be modified in
frei0r, I will prepare the release.

Now, there are a lot of exciting things in the future!

When the 0.8.2 release is done, we will move to Kde's git servers. I think the
best would be to import current svn trunk there, and then forward-port the
changes from the refactoring branch, because there were far too many commits
in trunk to do it the other way... Would that be ok for you Granjow, Till and
Alberto?

So once we have migrated to git, we will need to import the stuff that is
ready from the refactoring branch.

On my side, I am currently rewriting the effect stack widget in preparation of
the exciting new "mask" feature that will allow to apply effects to a region
of a clip only (see my last mail on mlt-devel). I have an almost working
implementation, picture here: http://kdenlive.org/images/effectstack2.jpeg

We will also have to do some work to implement the new MLT stabilization
filters, and I am sure that a lot of other things will come up.

But first, let's try to release that damn 0.8.2!

regards
jb