[Kdenlive-devel] Release and future...

Alberto Villa avilla at freebsd.org
Fri Sep 2 22:33:27 UTC 2011

On Saturday 03 September 2011 00:05:23 jb wrote:
> Hi all.

hello there!

> We are already very late for the 0.8.2 Kdenlive release, so I would like
> prepare it in the beginning of next week.

great!

> Most remaining issues have been fixed if I am right

i'm sorry if i didn't help with this release, but i forced myself to stay
offline until we moved to git (and find some time for studying and
getting back to my freebsd duties)

> When the 0.8.2 release is done, we will move to Kde's git servers.

i have the rules ready, i just need to test them with the repository in its
current status

> I think
> the best would be to import current svn trunk there, and then
forward-port
> the changes from the refactoring branch, because there were far too
many
> commits in trunk to do it the other way... Would that be ok for you
> Granjow, Till and Alberto?

well, yes. merging trunk into the current refactoring/ is probably too
hard even for git. nonetheless i'd keep working on the refactoring
branch in git too (i don't think we can use too many different branches
to work on code refactoring, we must coordinate in some way), merging
features/fixes into master as soon as they look ready. what do you
think?

only one thing: i will have exams until sep 23. either we wait until sep 24
for the git migration (unless i'm lucky enough to find half an hour to do
it), or i explain to one of you how to do it

> So once we have migrated to git, we will need to import the stuff that
is
> ready from the refactoring branch.

when in git, i'll be back on work on the new classes (i just felt so
unconfident with svn). this has to be done of course in the refactoring
branch. the cmake stuff can be merged into master, instead

and... did we talk about feature branches in randa? given the well
proven instability of kdenlive (i'm exaggerating :P), they would help a
lot to mitigate the problem imho

> We will also have to do some work to implement the new MLT
stabilization
> filters, and I am sure that a lot of other things will come up.

cool cool cool!

> But first, let's try to release that damn 0.8.2!

yay!
by the way, you can't imagine how many people are waiting for 0.8.2 on
freebsd, so... think of the rest of the unix world! :)
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

Remember, Grasshopper, falling down 1000 stairs begins by tripping over
the first one.
		-- Confusion