[Kdenlive-devel] update manual to 0.8

Simon Eugster simon.eu at gmail.com
Wed May 11 20:22:45 UTC 2011

2011/5/11 Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor at ukr.net>:
> написане Tue, 10 May 2011 23:27:04 +0300, Simon A. Eugster
> <simon.eu at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi Samuel,
>>
>> On 09.05.2011 14:09, samu wrote:
>>> Hi Simon.
>>>
>>> As I said before, I've already updated the quickstart section from User
>>> Manual to 0.8, in english. Even if the plan is to migrate the content to
>>> KDE user db, I thought it would be helpful to update that section, since
>>> it is the one users are redirected from kdenlive help menu.
>>
>>> Anyway, the structure you suggested looks good to me. I can help writing
>>> it, and later, translate it to portuguese.
>>
>> That's cool.
>> I suggest to refine the structure (make it more detailled, e.g. Editing
>> sub-topics), and then start as soon as possible and let as many people as
>> possible know about the manuals in order to hopefully find some
>> co-authors.
>>
>> What do you think? (@all)
>>
>> Simon
>
> Hi!
>
> I just created some template according to the current recommendations:
>
> http://userbase.kde.org/User:Yurchor
>
> It can be readily copied to Kdenlive/Manual so everybody can improve it
> and copy the appropriate parts from the current work.

I did some brainstorming on some pages (partially stolen from my
previous brainstorming). Like here:
http://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manual/Introduction

We should not forget about other features like dia show, colour/text
clips, etc. Where do we put these? Also, should we use the categories
from kdenlive for the effects?

Simon