[Kdenlive-devel] svn: audio editing messed up

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Thu May 5 08:05:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 10:10 PM, jb <jb at kdenlive.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 May 2011 03:51:30 sean darcy wrote:
>> Using last week svn.
>>
>> 1. If I have an audio track on the timeline, I can't shorten it by
>> dragging from the end. That is, if I go to the end of the clip and drag
>> the green arrow to the left, the visual of the track shortens. But when
>> I play it, it goes to the end of original track.
>>
>> Also, if I right click and set a lower duration, same result.
>>
>> 2. If I drag the green ball down at the end of an audio I get the Fade
>> triangle, and it shows in the Effects list. I can change the duration,
>> which changes the Fade triangle in the audio clip. But, it all has no
>> effect! There's no fade.
>>
>> or am I missing some obvious setting?
>
> Everything works fine for me (I started with an empty HDV project and added an
> audio FLAC).

I reproduced it only by placing the same clip after itself and then
trimming the end of the first instance. Looking at the xml, I see it
has a single producer with multiple references to it. When I changed
the xml and made a duplicate producer with a different id and
referenced the new id in the playlist, the problem went away. I warned
about multiple references.

--
+-DRD-+