[Kdenlive-devel] svn: audio editing messed up

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Thu May 5 05:10:50 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 04 May 2011 03:51:30 sean darcy wrote:
> Using last week svn.
>
> 1. If I have an audio track on the timeline, I can't shorten it by
> dragging from the end. That is, if I go to the end of the clip and drag
> the green arrow to the left, the visual of the track shortens. But when
> I play it, it goes to the end of original track.
>
> Also, if I right click and set a lower duration, same result.
>
> 2. If I drag the green ball down at the end of an audio I get the Fade
> triangle, and it shows in the Effects list. I can change the duration,
> which changes the Fade triangle in the audio clip. But, it all has no
> effect! There's no fade.
>
> or am I missing some obvious setting?

Everything works fine for me (I started with an empty HDV project and added an
audio FLAC).

 Make sure you don't have several MLT versions of MLT installed in
/usr/local/lib and /usr/lib.

If that is not the case, start a new project, add an audio clip and save the
project. Then resize the audio clip as described in your report and if the bug
us here, save with another name and send me the 2 project files.

regards
jb