[Kdenlive-devel] svn: audio editing messed up

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Thu May 5 09:01:03 UTC 2011

On Thursday 05 May 2011 10:05:30 Dan Dennedy wrote:

> I reproduced it only by placing the same clip after itself and then
> trimming the end of the first instance. Looking at the xml, I see it
> has a single producer with multiple references to it. When I changed
> the xml and made a duplicate producer with a different id and
> referenced the new id in the playlist, the problem went away. I warned
> about multiple references.

I cannot reproduce myself. About multiple references, I am aware of issues
with transitions using the same producer, that is why in Kdenlive we use a
different producer id for each track. For example if you put the same clip
twice on track 2, it will be the same producer id, but if you place the same
clip on track 2 and 3, it will be 2 different producers.

I was not aware of issues using the same producer on one track. Means we
cannot cut a clip without having issues? Seems strange to me since nobody ever
complained.

Can you send me a copy of a project showing the issue?

regards
jb