[Kdenlive-devel] Drag Value

Simon Eugster simon.eu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 07:56:15 UTC 2011

2011/1/30 Gabriel Gazzán <gabcorreo at gmail.com>:
>> > I'd just remove (or hide) the slider by default (perhaps giving the
>> > chance
>> > to bring it back with an option in the program Preferences)
>> > Another thing I'd remove from sight are the Reset icon, substituting it
>> > with
>> > a 'right click option' over the numeric value.

Nice idea btw.

>> > In my opinion anything that allows the UI to devote more size to the
>> > actual
>> > video and timeline and less to any other controls is a good thing!
>> > (I'd of course also hide the top buttons bar by default, and perhaps
>> > place a
>> > Render button in the already present bottom toolbar to save more space.
>> > But
>> > that's for another discussion ;)
>>
>> Why not use the Ctrl + Enter shortcut ? ;)
>
> Yes, of course keyboard shortcuts are the best way to use any program. I
> refered to that as a way to hide the top toolbar by defaul, but still have
> the render button visible to new users. :)

Just a short remark; I personally would not expect it to be
Ctrl-Enter. Fullscreen shortcuts I've seen so far are Alt+Enter (DOS
and some games, still today), F11 (Firefox, several other programs),
and Shift-Ctrl-F (Not very sure where; perhaps Okular).

Ctrl+Enter is, for me, rather a «confirm this dialog now since Enter
is used inside the dialog already» shortcut (e.g. titler would be a
candidate for this).

Simon