[Kdenlive-devel] Drag Value

Gabriel Gazzán gabcorreo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 12:16:10 UTC 2011

Just to bring some background info over the table:

In PremierePro 'Ctrl + Enter' is used to build a Preview*** of the
transitions and effects so that the timeline can play faster if there are
heavy processing applied to clips.
Also in Premiere Pro and After Effects the Export Movie (rendering) feature
is 'Ctrl + M'
In various 3D animation programs 'F9' is used as a shortcut for Rendering.

** basically small clips for the transitions are generated 'under the hood'
and saved to disk, then used in place of the transitions. for clips with
effects, the full clip is rendered and substituted (for playback purposes
only). when a change happens in the timeline for a transition or an effect,
the corresponding preview clip gets outdated and discarded. i.e. a new one
has to be generated if the user wants it to.
*
Greetings,