[Kdenlive-devel] Drag Value

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 22:51:03 UTC 2011

On 1/28/11, jb wrote:

> The current KOffice implementation is not really efficient in my opinion. It
> does not support mouse wheel, nor direct value input through keyboard,
> and the up/down arrow are too small to be useful.
>
> About Till's current widget, I also find it disturbing not to see the
> boundaries, user has no idea whether the max value is 100 or 6000. Also, I
> prefer linear scale when dragging, but it's not really useful when you need
> to scroll from 0 to 6000 (yes, some effects have that value range) - you
> would need to drag 6 times your whole monitor width to go to the may
> value...
>
> After thinking a bit about it, I posted a screenshot showing a possible
> widget that might come around the limitations noted above. You can see
> a mockup at:
>
> http://kdenlive.org/images/widget_idea.png
>
> However I have no idea how hard it would be to implement it, I only
> thought about the design for the moment.

I'm not too sure about the value after spinbox: it makes the widget
look a bit busy.

Attached is what GIMP currently has in Git master (well, had, because
in newer builds every line has Reset buttons now, IIRC). It's not the
final design, but rather close to it, as far as I can tell. I also did
a video a couple of months ago to demo how the new widget feels:

http://vimeo.com/16616760

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org