[Kdenlive-devel] Drag Value

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Thu Jan 27 21:52:16 UTC 2011

On Thursday 27 January 2011 05:42:39 Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> > I haven't seen this new Krita widget yet, can you point me to a
> > screenshot showing it?
> > Thanks!
>
> Don't have it around, but it should be something in the lines of:
>
> http://mmiworks.net/test/small.png

The current KOffice implementation is not really efficient in my opinion. It does
not support mouse wheel, nor direct value input through keyboard, and the
up/down arrow are too small to be useful.

About Till's current widget, I also find it disturbing not to see the
boundaries, user has no idea whether the max value is 100 or 6000. Also, I
prefer linear scale when dragging, but it's not really useful when you need to
scroll from 0 to 6000 (yes, some effects have that value range) - you would
need to drag 6 times your whole monitor width to go to the may value...

After thinking a bit about it, I posted a screenshot showing a possible widget
that might come around the limitations noted above. You can see a mockup at:

http://kdenlive.org/images/widget_idea.png

However I have no idea how hard it would be to implement it, I only thought
about the design for the moment.

regards
jb