[Kdenlive-devel] Drag Value

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Tue Feb 8 19:02:49 UTC 2011

2011/2/8 Gabriel Gazzán <gabcorreo at gmail.com>:
> After Effects way of showing parameters is the best and most productive way
> of handling parameter values and presentation I've seen so far. (I've used a
> lot of graphics related programs out there to a great extent and my
> conclusion favors the After Effects way. I'm certified instructor of 3ds
> Max, Maya, After Effects and Premiere, I've used Lightwave, Photohsop, GIMP,
> Krita, I'm here since the Amiga days and expecienced many many kind of
> programs all these years.)
> This is not to say you can't have a different (and better) opinion than me,
> but just to say that I've really experienced what I'm sustaining here as a
> good option, and why I know it really workes well.

I think Gabriel's background is very good to have available - assuming
honesty ;-). With that said, Gabriel, I ask you to also consider the
intermediate user base and not just power-user. Maybe you are, but is
what you are suggesting fairly obvious and visually consistent with
the KDE/Qt widget designs? I am not claiming your suggestions are not;
I have done enough recent analysis of the proposals, but I know for
example, that dashed underlines under editable values are fairly
obvious but not consistent whereas sunken boxes are both obvious and
consistent, if somewhat heavy.

--
+-DRD-+