[Kdenlive-devel] Russian translation update

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 04:10:56 UTC 2010

On 9/10/10, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

> There seems to be no activity regarding Russian translation lately.
> The latest change in ru/kdenlive.po as per header is a year old, and
> the commit from March this year seems to be manually edited, because
> the person isn't even mentioned as latest translator in the PO file.
> That probably explains some weird errors in the existing translation
> that I see.
>
> So I've just done some cleanup only for myself -- fixing errors and
> updating to match recent changes. If there is someone already working
> on the Russian translation to be in time for Monday release, I'll just
> stop and wait. If nobody else is working on it, I'll be glad to do the
> rest of the work.

Since nobody volunteered I went ahead and updated the PO file. It's here:

http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=1811

The archive contains both PO file and kdenlive.desktop with added Russian lines.

The translation is by no means complete, but it's a bump from 56% to
86%, so it's quite important and I hope it will be available in 0.7.8.

I also created some previously missing XML descriptions for MLT and
frei0r effects. They are here:

http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=280

Hopefully I got them right :) Since Git version of frei0r contains
even more effects, I can do descriptions for the rest of them. But it
would be ultimately cool if option variants (usually appearing in
combo boxes) could be translatable as well. Otherwise many effects are
only half-translated which usually makes users sad and grumpy.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org