[Kdenlive-devel] Title templates

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Wed Sep 8 21:24:33 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 08 September 2010 19:39:16 Marco wrote:
> I made some work for included images in titles.
>
> mlt part:
> git at github.com:gmarco/mlt.git
> (branch work)
>
> kdenlive part:
> git clone git://kdenlive.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/kdenlive/kdenlive
> (branch gmarco)
>
> Works almost (after saving the project or title ATM the content will be
> stored in the title file too). Removing the url in these files, will force
> mlt to use the stored images.
>
> A bit work to do, for selecting this from user.
>
> But rendering work, execpt the preview in kdenlive. Here only 1 Image is
> shown, all other not.
>
> Someone got an idea, why it will not work in preview in kdenlive ?

Seems to work for me (tested a title with 3 images)...

I just uploaded a title to kdenlive website, called "Hello Marco" with 3
images in it. The template file is called embeded.kdenlivetitle

Just grab it through the "Settings->Download New Title Template" for a test.

This comes really late for the 0.7.8 release, but I must admit it is really
fun to be able to share title with images, so If other people think it's ok we
could decide to add it with an image button on the titler enabling / disabling
the feature.

One problem I can see is that this can make kdenlive project files become huge
if some large images are embeded, since the images will be stored both in
MLT's kdenlivetitle producer and in Kdenlive's DocClipBase properties.

So maybe this feature should only be allowed for .kdenlivetitle files, and
images would not be embedded in the kdenlive project file.

What do other people think? This also needs Dan's approval for the MLT
changes...

regards
jb