[Kdenlive-devel] Cleaning up Mantis ?

Hugh Tebby hugh.tebby at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 21:39:29 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

I was looking round the Mantis reports and there are 582 reports  :
- 129 crash
- 84 major
- 178 minor
- 166 feature requests
- a few "tweaks" and "trivial"

Some of the reports are nearly two years old, quite a lot are awaiting an
answer from the original reporter.

I think some pretty heavy cleaning up should be done, in order to bring the
number of reports down to a manageable amount. I thought that maybe closing
all reports older than a certain date (over a year old ?) could be a start,
but I actually found some old reports that are still valid ( for
http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=92 , I tested and it doesn't seem
to work for me either).

So what do you think should be the course of action here ? Should reports be
closed without asking for more feedback from the original reporter ?

The best solution I see would be the following :
- running through all bug reports older than a year (maybe older than 6
months ?), and if the problem can't be reproduced simply close the report.
That should bring down the total number by one or two hundred.
- go through all remaining crash reports and if one can't be reproduced ask
for feedback from the original reporter, and if no answer close the report
within a couple of weeks.

Does that seem reasonable ?

Cheers
Hugh