[Kdenlive-devel] TalkOSS and Kdenlive

Andrew Manson g.real.ate at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 09:08:52 UTC 2010

Well I would completely disagree with you on the idea that a poor quality
hammer doesn't hinder production (not saying that kdenlive is a poor quality
hammer). The old saying that "A poor workman blames his tools" may be right
but a good workman always chooses the best tools, at least the best he can
afford.

This is where I am at the moment, someone looking for a good tool with not
very money as of yet. I agree that it was useful that Blender had money to
fund the project peach, and that it was a side effect of the need for
training that probably lead to them making some good revenue from the sale
of books but that was a completely different model. That was blender itself
funding something with the intention of improving blender. I, however, am a
third party that is coming in to try and "fund" the tool I need to get
better.

I say "fund" above because I do intend to make money from this venture,
enough to break even and also fund development of the tools that I use. I
would eventually like to sponsor development in Kdenlive but I did not want
to mention that in the original email because I cannot guarantee that my
venture will ever take off and I did not want to commit to something that I
cannot guarantee. Right now all I intend to do is to provide my time and
effort, but I hope that this will change in the near future.

Cheers,
Chris