[Kdenlive-devel] Questions about audio effects

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Tue Aug 31 16:37:26 UTC 2010

2010/8/31 Hugh Tebby <hugh.tebby at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> With the 0.7.8 release approaching, I think the non functionning audio
> effects should be removed. In fact, according to the list I made it seems
> that most problems come from the Sox audio effects. It could be an issue
> with the sox plugins I have on my computer, but if it isn't I would suggest
> deactivating all sox plugins for the time being (along with Reverb and Rate
> Scaler which don't seem to work).
>
> Does anyone disagree with this ?

I disagree because the sox effects work for me, and you presented this
as all-or-nothing proposition. I was testing all audio effects
recently when I added pan and balance, and I remembered this email.
However, I did not undertake a rigorous study, but I was left with the
impression that nearly all of them worked as expected although some do
have dubious value. And there was only a couple that just did not seem
to work correct at all. For example, ones that have anything to do
with time such as stretch do not work correctly. I will do a more
thorough review of them as well as the history of this thread and get
back to you.

+-DRD-+