[Kdenlive-devel] setting mlt property from qstring

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Tue Aug 31 19:56:17 UTC 2010

When working on my latest change, I noticed the Kdenlive code was
often using qstrdup with QString::toUtf8().data(). The qstrdup is not
necessary because MLT already does a strdup with whatever you provide
and then auto-releases it. I did not clean all of these up because I
wanted to keep the change concise.

Also, I noticed places where it was not taking advantage of the
inheritance in the mlt++ binding. For example, a Filter is a Service,
which is a Properties. So, there is no need to manually fetch a
filter's service pointer via method.

I realize there may be quite a bit of cruft, but I just want to give
some feedback on what I saw in case it helps.

--
+-DRD-+